Saturday, February 11, 2012

What is Clever?

I had a thought.....


    "What does 'clever' mean? How is it different from smart or brilliant or crafty?!"
  
   
-Here's what the dictionary has to say about what 'clever' really means.

      Definition of CLEVER
1a : skillful or adroit in using the hands or body : nimble<clever fingers>  
b : mentally quick and resourceful <a clever young lawyer>
2: marked by wit or ingenuity <a clever solution> <a clever idea>
       ***Synonyms: artfulcreativeimaginativeingeniousinnovative, inventive



    That still, however, didn't answer the question of why it's different from brilliant or crafty or smart. So I thought on it and here's what I came up with...
    Math, science, language, and logic are the functions of the LEFT side of your brain. Your RIGHT brain is the creative, intuitive side that creates music and art. 
  I would say for the most part we don't normally mix the two sides. For example, you don't need to know how to dissect a frog to be able to play Chopin. And you certainly don't need to know how to paint to understand quadratic equations. And then it hit me. Clever, I realized, is when we combine both the right side and the left sides of our brain. It's ingenuity and beauty all in one.
It now makes perfect sense to me!
  My question was answered....  

     Clever is: when the right and the left side
  of your brain work together.



....and it's all "For the Love of Clever" :) 

1 comment:

About Me

My photo
Tennessee, United States
A blog inspired by God's creation, fashion, sewing, furniture repurposing, the south, history, anything lovely....... Oh and clever! There WILL be clever~