Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Gluten-free flour and milk-free chocolate chips OH MY!!

Gluten-free flour:
I found out recently that I'm allergic to wheat and dairy products, so I've been having to get creative with my baking and eating. I've tried a lot of gluten-free flour substitutes and some have been dizzyingly awful, some have had good flavor, but weird textures, and so on and on the dramas of gluten-free flour continues.... But FINALLY I have a favorite mix for baking: 

King Arthur flour's "Glutenfree multi-purpose flour".

 My favorite part about this mix is that you don't have to add anything else in your recipe when using this as a flour substitute, if a recipe calls for 2 cups of flour, you can use 2 cups of this gluten-free flour... super easy! (I used the chocolate chip cookie recipe on the back of Ghiradelli chocolate chip bag.)

  
Dairy-free, good-for-you chocolate chips recipe:



  •    I used 2 ounces of Baker's baking chocolate. (It's 100% cocoa which means it's better for your then other chocolates which have added white sugars and preservatives etc.)
  •    Heat it up in a sauce pan, then I add enough raw agave nectar(much better for your then sugar), butter, and coconut milk to make it a smooth consistency- I just eye-balled it, and made sure it didn't taste bitter.
  •    To form them into chunks, spread the chocolate mix onto a wax paper covered cookie sheet and refrigerate. After the chocolate is solid to the touch(a few hours in the fridge will do), break it up with your fingers. 

The only downer to this chocolate chip recipe is that it's good for you and you could eat way more of it then normal chocolate and not feel guilty. 
oh wait.... this is NOT a downer!!!!!! ;)

   The gluten-free flour mix also works well for frying meats, and I used the flour with some sugar and cinnamon to "fry" some peach slices in butter and it was DIVINE! By using the chocolate chips, and the gluten-free flour you can also make gluten-free/milk-free chocolate chip cookies! So get creative with it, have fun, and praise the Lord for gluten-free flour! ;D

                       ....and it's all for the Love of Clever :)

1 comment:

About Me

My photo
Tennessee, United States
A blog inspired by God's creation, fashion, sewing, furniture repurposing, the south, history, anything lovely....... Oh and clever! There WILL be clever~